Winner of the best new freshwater reel for 2018 by Fly Fisherman Magazine and Best of Show
at the 2017 ICAST/IFTD industry trade show, the SDF comes on the heels
of our move to Colorado: the trout-based surroundings inspired us to
take it up a notch.
Based on the SDS (Sealed Drag Salt),
the SDF (Sealed Drag Fresh) is a scaled-down version of the
award-winning saltwater titan featuring similar porting and a stainless
steel / carbon fluoropolymer drag system. The SDF boasts an enormous
amount of drag, an adjustment range almost three times greater than its
predecessor, and virtually zero start up inertia.
We took what was learned from our SDS
design, made sure to include the unmistakable Abel fit and finish, and
created the best freshwater reel we have ever seen.
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA